Transitioning to Middle School
Middle school is a great opportunity to meet new people and to explore new subjects. You can also take many fun electives at Grant MS, such as -- art, Infotech, Intro to FACs, leadership, band, orchestra, show choir, etc.
Don’t be afraid to ask your teachers, counselors, or staff at your school if you need help. Here are some helpful tips:
- Set up your APS StudentVUE/ParentVUE account.
- Use your Grant MS agenda to write down/keep track of your assignments.
- Set time aside for homework each day.
- Talk to your teachers. The teachers are there to help you. If you do not understand something, ask them.
- Get involved in extra-curricular activities.
- Turn your homework in on time and ask questions.
- Get good nights sleep and eat a good breakfast before school.
- Talk to your parents; let them know what is going on.
- Find an adult you trust to talk to when you have problems.
- Come to school and have fun. Attendance matters!